Celebrating National S’mores Day with S’mores Cheesecake! Because If A Holiday Doesn't Center Around Chocolate, Is It Really a Holiday?
For those of you who hadn’t heard the news (and I’m sure there are one or two of you who haven’t) today is National S’mores Day!! And to celebrate this gloriousness that is a holiday we are going to make a S’mores Cheesecake that is something dreams are made of!
Because our motto is “You can totally have s’more, EVEN if you haven’t had any yet Smalls!”
This recipe was kind of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants recipe, and the secret ingredient that makes this S’mores Cheesecake SO AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS… S’mores Pop Tarts as the crust!!
If you are a closet junk food shopper like I am, you can totally have these babies sent right to your door from Amazon here, or you can pop over to the super market if you aren’t as lazy as I am haha! 😉
Great news is it turned out awesome and I just had to share!!
Here is a simple step by step guide, along with pictures to help you make this super decadent dessert worthy of such a prestigious holiday. Enjoy!!
Serving Size: 6-8 people (take into account light/heavy eaters)
Total Prep & Cook Time: About 6 Hours (Give or take pending your fridge time.)
What You Will Need:
(8) S’mores Pop Tarts
(1) Stick of Butter (8 Tablespoons)
(2) 12 oz Containers of Whipped Cream Cheese
(1) 5 oz Package of Jell-O Cook & Serve Chocolate Pudding
(2) Egg Yolks
(1/2) Cup Milk
(1/2) Cup Brown Sugar
(1) Bag Large Marshmallows
(1) Gram Cracker
(2) Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the S’mores Pop Tarts into a food processor and pulse until ground. (Due to a very tired and sleeping baby, I went the messier route and just crumbled them up with my hands.)
- Melt the stick of butter and mix into the crushed S’mores Pop Tarts.
- Press Pop Tart/Butter mixtures into the bottom of a springform pan. (If you don’t have one, here is one very similar to ours!)
- Take half the bag of marshmallows and cut each on in half. Place on top of crust slightly spread out. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer, gently beat the two containers of cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the two egg yolks and mix gently!
- Beat in the chocolate pudding mix and brown sugar and milk. (My FAVORITE mixer that I have ever had is this one by Hamilton Beach. It’s SO convenient because all of the pieces are held in a container that clips onto the hand mixer itself so I NEVER have to go searching for anything! You can get one here.)
- Pull the pan out of the oven after the 15 minutes to find the marshmallows gently melted. Pour chocolate/creamcheese mixture into pan and place back in oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove, take the remaining half of the marshmallows and place on top of the cake slightly spaced as before and put back into the oven to back for 15 more minutes. Then put on the broiler on low for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. (Since we were pressed for time, we popped ours into the freezer for 2 hours. But the recommendation is to refrigerate from 4 hours, up until overnight.)
- Once cooled drizzle chocolate sauce over the marshmallow and lastly crumble up the graham crackers, sprinkle on top and enjoy!!
(Unneccessary Disclaimer: When removing the food from the oven, use oven mitts because that mother is hot!! Seriously, I burn myself at least once every time I cook…)
And that’s it!
HAPPY NATIONAL S’MORES DAY!
The links in this post may be affiliate links. Read full disclosure.